Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- Burger Patties:
- 1 tablespoon Szechwan Seasoning or to taste (see note)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- Sweet and Hot Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Red Plum Jam
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups prepared fried rice, warmed
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Combine Szechuan Seasoning, ginger, soy sauce, water and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture. Gently combine the ingredients. Shape meat into eight (4-inch) patties. Refrigerate.
2. Combine apricot preserves, plum jam, vinegar, ginger and pepper flakes in small mixing bowl.
3. Coat unheated grill grate with non-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high (350 to 400 degrees F). Grill patties 3 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. To serve, place 1/2 cup of warm fried rice onto each plate. Garnish burgers with sweet and hot sauce and cilantro.